Standard Ethernet connectivity reduces the cost of connecting the variable speed drive to an Ethernet network with no need for add-on modules. The connection also provides support for both CC-Link IEF Basic and Modbus/TCP.
CC-Link IEF Basic
- Supports cycling communication to reduce programming effort
- Cost-effective networking over Ethernet
- Sits on top of general TCP/IP stack for mixed communication
- Enables general device using TCP/IP to be connected on the same network
- Easy trouble-shooting with diagnostic functions
- Adapts to Modbus/TCP industrial Ethernet protocol
Optimal support of Industry 4.0
The embedded Ethernet port allows the user to connect to the drive using standard protocols as CC-Link IE Field Basic (CCLIEFB) / SLMP / Modbus/TCP and BACnet/IP for running / monitoring the drive status, and adjusting parameters.
- No need for special software
- Security improvement by IP Range filtering
- Direct connection for control by SCADA systems
- Remote diagnosis and rectification of faults
- Improved response for maintenance
Easy access to all drives from one location
With Mitsubishi Electric’s FR-Configurator2 software, users can search the network for connected drives, and establish a connection with full control of parameter adjustment, parameter upload/download, and monitoring.
- Direct connection to the TCP/IP network by cable or WiFi
- System scan to identify FR-F800-E drives on the network
- Full access to the drive for parameter adjustment and monitoring
- Upload and download of PLC function program
- Upload and download of parameter sets
Simple wiring and data handling
The ability to standardise the network on industrial Ethernet simplifies wiring and means the same system infrastructure can be used for different Ethernet-based protocols. This is highly cost-efficient and allows simple enhancement of machines.
In addition to direct connection over Ethernet, a PC can also be connected by the USB port on a Mitsubishi Electric PLC. Providing a comfortable and familiar environment for engineers setting up the drive or for maintenance staff.
Predictive maintenance with FAG SmartCheck
The FR-F800-E offers a number of functions and capabilities that aid in reducing downtime and which enable predictive maintenance.
Direct connection to FAG SmartCheck vibration sensor
With the FAG SmartCheck can be connected over Ethernet, the FR-F800-E provides speed information to the sensor so that it can combine speed data with vibration data to create a more accurate picture of the machine’s health.
Connecting two worlds
Where an option card has been installed to connect the drive to a dedicated industrial network such as CC-Link or Profibus, the integrated Ethernet interface allows the FR-F800-E to be connected at the same time to another device, such as a PC for quality control functions. The two networks can run in parallel.